Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jalapeno Corn Bread

I subscribe to THE FOOD NETWORK MAGAZINE, last Sunday I was thumbing through and stopped on a recipe for Jalapeno Corn Bread. I though to myself, hmmm I think I have everything in my kitchen to make this right now... I should do it!
Later that afternoon I attacked! My only problem was I only had fresh jalapenos not pickled, so I sauteed them in a little olive oil to soften them.
Then I tried my hand at the bread. Not sure how many of you know this but I am not the best baker ever, too much measuring. However this recipe seemed pretty easy. I had to substitute the yellow cornmeal for white but other then that everything else was already in my cabinets. Flour, baking soda, baking powder, eggs... don't even ask me why I happen to have buttermilk in the fridge, that was just lucky.
 The key player in this recipe is a good strong cast iron pan, the kind passed down from generation to generation. Or just picked up at your local tag sale or HomeGoods. Butter that sucker up, sprinkle on some cornmeal and you are good to add the batter. Use some of the jalapenos for the batter, just chop them up and toss them in. Poor the batter into the pan and then top with the rest of the jalapenos.
Cook in preheated oven at 450 for about 25 minutes. When it is nice and golden take it out and let it sit for a few.

 Ta-Dah! Jalapeno Cornbread!
See Food Network.com for the recipe and much more!
3 1/2 out of 5 forks!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/jalapeno-cornbread-recipe/index.html



No comments:

Post a Comment